Columbus Foundation Update: Community Grant Recipients Announced!
The Columbus REALTORS® Foundation Board of Trustees has awarded 10 project grants to local non-profit organizations, for a total investment of $35,000 in the central Ohio community. Learn what makes each of our recipients special by visiting their website!
- $4,000 – The Buckeye Ranch (www.buckeyeranch.org)
Funds to purchase bed-bug resistant furniture for My Place youth apartments
- $11,000 – Franklinton Rising (www.franklintonrising.org)
To help student-led group rehab third home in west Franklinton
- $5,000 – Furniture Bank of central Ohio (www.furniturebankcoh.org)
Will help 20 families with nearly 150 pieces of furniture.
- $2,000 – Community Shelter Board (www.csb.org)
Funds to provide educational programming to approximately 60 youth staying at the VanBuren shelter.
- $1,000 – House of Many Educations Home
Funding to help 2 neighborhood groups purchase signs for neighborhood entry and make landscaping improvements.
- $1,000 – Kossuth Street Community Garden (like on Facebook!)
Funds to help assist dynamic garden with 2017 growing season
- $2,500 – Homeless Families Foundation (www.homelessfamiliesfoundation.org)
Funds to expand the services offered to families residing at the shelter
- $2,500 – Homes on the Hill CDC (www.hoth-cdc.org)
Funds to print Fair Housing booklets in English & Spanish for first time home buyer’s